Sunday, July 7, 2013

To My Dear Friend

Dear Friend,
I've noticed you struggling a bit lately. You've been wearing baggier clothes, just pulling your hair back into a ponytail, sitting with your arms crossed across your front. I've seen you half smile where you used to smile with your whole face. I've seen you shy away and sit in the back of a room. You're talking quieter. You look down when we speak. Dear friend, I see you.
I wish I could hold a mirror up to you, so that you could see what I see. You.Are.BEAUTIFUL! You have a smile that can brighten a lifetime. Your laugh is like music. You.Are.BEAUTIFUL! The lines of your body are flowing and graceful. Your eyes twinkle, did you know that? I am super jealous of your hair. You.Are.BEAUTIFUL! Dear friend, you have the best sense of humor. You have just the right amount of sarcasm and wit. You can think on your feet. You're one smart cookie, my friend. Remember that time when I just needed to cry and bitch and moan; you are a terrific listener.  You.Are.BEAUTIFUL! You are also a totally AWESOME mom. Your kids look up to you so much. There isn't anything you wouldn't do for them. And if someone came in between you and them, whoa! Look out for Mama-Bear! You.Are.BEAUTIFUL! I know you've been through some tough times, you are so strong. You're also brave, braver than you'll admit out loud or to yourself.  You.Are.BEAUTIFUL! Dear friend, I know sometimes it feels lonely, but there are lots of people who love you. There are more people than you know, who look up to you. You inspire people, did you know that? I know I'm not the only one who cherishes your friendship. YOU.Are.BEAUTIFUL!
 My dear friend, I see you put yourself down. I see you brush off compliments. I see you cover up, mentally and physically... YOU.ARE.BEAUTIFUL! You shine, you shimmer, you sparkle. I wish you could see it. But even more, I wish you could FEEL it. You are the most wonderful YOU there is. So, dear friend - please don't change. Please don't settle and shy away and act like you aren't the magnificent person you are. You are so beautiful.
Love,
Me xo

No comments:

Post a Comment