Friday, July 5, 2013

The Jiggley Mommy 30 Day Pushup Challenge

 
Mud Hero is creeping up on me. I fully plan to do it for the fun and for the experience, but a little bit of me is still terrified of just flat out not being able to do it. I've been half-ass training... and by that I mean walking to the park with the boys, dead lifting a 20lbs infant, pressing wiggling and giggling little boys. Ok, so not really training much at all. The one thing that is scaring me the most is that lots of the obstacles are going to require me to haul myself up and over something - a wall, a hay bale, a car. I'm short, so I'm going to have to haul myself up more than others. I've also got a huge ass that makes hauling anything not the easiest of tasks. So I decided I need to be accountable to someone and I need to work on my upper body strength. Thus the 30 Day Pushup Challenge was born. Every day I'm increasing the amount of pushups I need to do - on the weekends it's an increasing timed plank to change things up a bit. You can do any time of pushup you want - push yourself or not. Today is day 5 and I'm feeling pretty good. I've actually done the pushups every day - yay me! Today was 25 and I didn't have much trouble knocking them out (incline pushups off my kitchen counter).
 
Some of the more dedicated fitness peeps may scoff at my measly little 25 pushups, but hey! Everyone needs to start somewhere. I think this is an excellent challenge that you can push yourself to what you feel comfortable with. If 25 PU's easy peasy, then do them full on, or do spiderman PU's, or turn them into burpees. If 25 PU's aren't the easiest thing for you, then do modified, or incline PU's. If you can't do PU's at all because of whatever reason, you could follow along and do squats instead, or sit ups, or curls. It's so versatile!
 
So now that we're nearing the end of our first week - anyone out there still doing the challenge with me? You can follow the daily posts and fun-time on the Jiggley Mommy facebook page too!

No comments:

Post a Comment