Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Purple Shirt

I usually play it safe when I dress myself. Black or grey yoga pants, grey, brown, or black tank top. Black or brown jacket, grey nikes. Grey. Brown. Black. The boringness that is my wardrobe. I was also under the assumption that black is slimming. Fat girl = closet full of black clothes. On those days that you just can't wear black on black on black, throw in a little grey or even a splash of some lively brown. How exciting (you can picture me rolling my eyes here).
My clothes, no matter the colour, are not flattering. My clothes do not put the fun in functional. My clothes are out of style, out of shape, and... ok who are we kidding, they are fugly.
When I got pregnant I said "I'm not going to spend a fortune on maternity clothes that won't even fit in 10 months!". After Trent was born and I got bigger and bigger, I said "I"m totally going to get on track and lose this weight, so there is no point in buying new clothes now." When I started losing weight I thought ""when I hit my goal weight of 140lbs... I'll be small enough then".
But what about NOW? What about how every time I put on my stretched out, faded yoga pants I feel defeated. How about when I am 10 minutes to running out the door and I have to decide on the pair of jeans that hang off my ass or the ones that generally fit (after about an hour of stretching out), but lovingly display my muffin top?
Today I pulled a shirt out of my closet. I bought it last year and it still had it's tags on it. It never fit right, I wasn't sure if I could pull it off, it wasn't black, brown, or grey. Today I'm sporting a purple plaidy shirt. And as of today... I don't care if it's a little tight or a little big (or a combo of the two; thanks lil boobies and Granny's hips). I don't care if it's in style or not. I don't care. I bought it because I thought it was cute and it wasn't my usual. I will ROCK this shirt because it fits 90% better than it did when I bought it and it feels a bit springy and I LIKE IT. And I'm going to wear it to Old Navy tonight and pick up a couple of RIGHT NOW clothes, because I think I need to feel good in what I wear now.
PURPLE shirt!

No comments:

Post a Comment