Friday, November 8, 2013

Operation; No More Boob to Bed (day2)

Woke for the day at 6:30am

AM Nap @ 8:50 - nursed for 10 minutes, diaper change, sleep sack on and cuddle for a minute while reassuring and saying "na-night", laid him down and left the room. He fussed/complained for FOUR minutes before falling asleep. He was still soundly sleeping when I had to wake him up at 11am so we could go pick up JiggleyBoy from school. SOLID two hour nap for the win!

PM Nap @ 1:45 - Diaper change, sleep sack, nursed/snuggle, "na-night", into bed. He fussed until I closed the door behind me and then was out. He slept for just over an hour and was up by 3:15pm.

Bedtime @ 6:30 - we had a bit of a later supper tonight, so the bedtime tonight felt a bit rushed to me. Bath, lotion/jammies, nursed for a couple of minutes but was pretty distracted, sleep sack and said "na-night" to JiggleyBoy and DaddyMan and everything else. Tonight he cried! He cried in his normal sleepy cry for 13 minutes, then I went in, gave him a kiss and tucked him back in. When I left he SAD cried. It broke my heart. I had a hard time walking away and closing the door, and an even harder time walking away from his door. I gave it 10 more minutes and the crying didn't really decrease (or increase) and my mommy gut was starting to hurt. Since he didn't really nurse before bed, I decided to turn on the light and let him have a little bit more to drink, without the distraction of his brother. He nursed for 10 minutes, while I reassured him and told him it was 'na-night' time. I tucked him in and fussed for 2 minutes before falling asleep. Phew!

Overnight: Up at 3am, cried for 10 minutes, hubby went in to comfort him, cried for another almost 10 minutes, hubby took him out of bed and cuddled him in the glider for a few minutes until he was calm (but not asleep), he didn't even make a peep when he was put back down and went right back to sleep. Up again at 4:15, hubby resettled him, cried for about 10 minutes. Up again at 6am, hubby tried to resettle at 6:15, but at 6:30 gave up the fight and got up for the day.

Here's links to the rest of our sleep training journey incase you missed it:
What started it all --> The No-Sleep, Sleep Study by JiggleyBaby
Our Method --> Our Sleep Training Method
Day 1 --> Operation; No More Boob to Bed (day1)
Day 2 --> Operation; No More Boob to Bed (day2)
Day 3 +4 --> Operation; No More Boob to Bed (day3+4)
Day 5, 6 + 7 --> coming soon
Sleep Training Update -- coming soon

No comments:

Post a Comment