Thursday, September 26, 2013

The Unsung Heroes of My Kitchen

This is the last week of #JiggleyMommysFavThings: Pampered Chef Edition. Jill is going to be submitting the last batch of orders on Sunday, Sept 29 and then the final draw will be on the 30th. Exciting!!
So since we're almost done, I thought I'd mention a few more Pampered Chef products that I have laying around my kitchen.
Bamboo Spoons! I originally bought them, only to fill out my order. But they have since replaced all my old wooden and cheapo plastic spoons. Why, you might ask? Do your wooden spoons look like this?
I had always just assumed that this was just what a 'seasoned' spoon looked like. Did you know that the blackening or darkening of the wood grain is actually... MOLD?! Ick, right? It's way down in the teeny little grooves of the grain. You can bleach and scrub all you want, but when you have a well loved wooden spoon, it's not likely to get much better. The bamboo spoons are great because (a) they do not absorb moisture - so no mold! (b) you can leave them in the pot and they won't crack or go wonky. (c) They don't stain! Totally a win in my books!
 
I mentioned my Ridged Baker on facebook, but it didn't make my last blog - so I'll tell ya a little about it now. It's a rectangular, 9"x6" with an almost 2" side, stoneware baker. Because of it's size, it's super versatile and can be used in the oven or microwave. Like all stoneware, it allows your food to be cooked evenly, but the difference with this little guy is the ridges in the bottom. They help keep your food out of the fat or juices that run off. I love mine for roasts and bacon, but I've used it for everything from meatloaf to roasting veggies.
 
I can't sing high enough praise for stoneware. It really is the ideal way to cook, in my opinion. Here are some reasons why (I stole this handy lil' picture from Pampered Chef - Jill Kohlman's facebook page).
There are still a few more days to get in on the #JiggleyMommy'sFavThings: Pampered Chef Edition draws. You will be put into the draw for placing an order, each piece of stoneware you buy will get you another ballot in the draw and signing up to host a party will get you an additional 5! Just place an order with Jill on the PAMPERED CHEF WEBSITE (go-to: Shop Online, then type in JIGGLEY MOMMY in the search for a party box -- the 20% off stoneware will be adjusted when Jill puts your order through). You can also contact Jill directly through her FACEBOOK PAGE - make sure you mention Jiggley Mommy when placing your order or booking a party. Oh! And make sure you show Jill the love by liking her on Facebook.
 
 
*** I am receiving absolutely no compensation for my opinions or views on the products mentioned in this blog. I'm not evening taking the 'hostess benefits'. All opinions and views are my own.  
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment