Thursday, April 28, 2011

Ditching the Deep Fryer

Shawn and I have made considerable strides in the last couple of years. We've gone from the couple who eats out twice a day to a family that eats out maybe twice a month. Our fridge has evolved from pickles and mustard to all kinds of produce and dairy and yumminess. We used to panic if there was less than a full pack of cigarettes in the house and now get the same sort of panic if the fruit bowl is down to two apples. We've come a long way.
At the grocery store the other day, Shawn got all drooley over a massive pack of chicken wings. I saw it in his eyes - his visions of BBQ'd, seasoned, and breaded home hot wings. All done in the deep fryer, of course. When we got home I was ready to put on the boxing gloves and duke it out over whether or not having a deep fryer in our lives was in tune with the healthy choices we've been making. And then something magical happened.
~*~*~ My husband agreed with me. ~*~*~ 
The fryer has been removed from our lives. There are healthier ways to prepare our foods and although I will certainly miss the once a year home fries, we don't need it. I am so proud of my family for ditching the shackles of crap food that have been keeping us hostage in our own blubber!

No comments:

Post a Comment